It's Everywhere!

If you think human trafficking only happens in third world countries, you are wrong. Houston is one of the biggest hubs for getting women and children into the United States to be exploited.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tested Beyond Understanding... Miracles Overflowing!

Today has been a really hard day for me (Kathy)!  I am not trying to draw attention to myself, I want the attention drawn to God.  Here is the deal..  I wrestled all day with the fact that I felt like I was letting Ken down when he needed help because I didn't jump and run and the fact that I was not allowing God to work in his life because I was going to rescue him.  Let me explain...

Ken started sending me messages saying he was tired and out of water.  He even called me and was angry because he was hurting and couldn't go on.  I prayed for him to get help... then I decided to get him a little help by calling Highway Patrol and asking them to just do a welfare check when they got a chance.  About ten minutes later, Ken sent me a text and said that his angel had arrived. So, I figured that it was a trooper coming to check on him. 

Lesson one:  NEVER try to help God when He is working.  He already had a plan.  Ally Seymour, a friend of ours, just happen to be going to Ardmore today and was just going to stop by and say hello when Ken got to his breaking point. He was trying to make it up an off ramp to a little store so he could get some water and rest, but he didn't even have the strength for that.  Ally picked him up and drove him through the mountains to the nearest actual truck stop so he could rest. 

Lesson two:  NEVER try to help God when He is working.  I called my mom and asked her if she had a friend in Ardmore that might give Ken a place to sleep for the night.  She said no, then I said, Oh, don't worry about it, I am sure something will happen.  I even said.. I bet within five minutes of this call, someone will help him.  So, I hung up and about five minutes later, Ken called to say that a lady called him and offered him a hotel room right across the highway from where he was.  Lucille Cavalle just happen to be the sister of another dear friend of ours from Oklahoma City.  Ken truly had another angel step in!  Oh yes, I almost forgot, she even brought him supplies for him to take care of the blisters on his feet. 

Lesson three:  Jesus turned water into wine and God supplied Ken enough water to walk an extra nine miles today.  His camel back was almost empty when he checked it.  He knew that he had to conserve, so he only took sips of water, just enough to quench his thirst, thinking it would be his last drink.  He said there was only enough water to fit in the straw part and that when he sipped, it was actually cool to the taste, even coming from the straw part that was in the sun. 

Lesson four:  People really do care!  Lucille provided him a place to lay his head, comfort for his aching feet and total kindness to a stranger.  Ally just stopped to say hello and ended up being a lifesaver.  Justin really did get Ken through a bad situation at the construction site.  Also, Amber & Daniel fed a starving soul not only with food, but also with food for the soul.  While I was on the phone to Ken a few minutes ago, his room phone rang and it was the front desk just checking to see if he was ok.  How awesome is that? 

We serve an awesome God!  I can only say that my faith has been so overwhelmed with the goodness and mercy of God.  I am in total awe of my Lord!  Thank you for all you are doing for Ken and I!  Tonight, both Ken and I will sleep well, knowing that we are truly taken care of. 

1 comment:

  1. Praying for strength for Ken to make this journey.

    You can do it!

    In Christ,

    Bob Strom

    Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

    ReplyDelete