It's Everywhere!

If you think human trafficking only happens in third world countries, you are wrong. Houston is one of the biggest hubs for getting women and children into the United States to be exploited.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Great lunch with a great lady.... and two county deputys

Before anyone asks...  yes, Kathy knows that I was picked up on the side of the road by another woman.  Actually, Kathy spoke with her first and gave her permission to do so.  Deb is a displaced Okie.  She apparently lived in Shawnee not too long ago and ran with the Shawnee chapter of CMA (Christian Motorcyclist Association) and had gotten my info that way.  She has been keeping up with my progress and volunteered to get me through down town Dallas without me getting run over.  To my surprise, she insisted that she be able to feed me lunch today. 

About an hour after Deb dropped me off, I was met up by some of Texas' finest.  I am always very appreciative of any local, county or state officers that stop to check on my welfare.  These guys were great.  They just checked on me to make sure all was well.  Big shout out to you guys!  Thanks for all the service that you do for everyone! 

Side note:  Motor Officers have more fun!  Stay safe guys!




I am really hoping to be able to stop soon.  My knee is hurting, must have been that jump off the bridge to get to the water for a taste test.  Just kidding, I didn't jump off.... 

I know this may seem strange, but I have a special request.  While I was walking, there was a guy that apparently had his car just spontaneously combust.  It was totally engulfed in flames, so I am sure it will be a total loss.  Please take a minute and pray that all is well with him and that he didn't lose anything important in his car.  Thanks!  Not often I get to walk in an area where it's hot enough for a car to spontaneously combust.  <sarcasm>  I didn't think to take a picture, besides, I didn't want to add insult to injury. 

No comments:

Post a Comment