It's Everywhere!

If you think human trafficking only happens in third world countries, you are wrong. Houston is one of the biggest hubs for getting women and children into the United States to be exploited.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day Three... Wow! Am I really ready to get out of bed?

I had to meet Ken in Ardmore last night, so I could bring him a larger backpack, for clothes and such and some stuff he forgot.  Leave it to a guy to forget his phone charger and then when I got to Ardmore, he informed me that he had no toiletries.  Oh well, guess he gets to smell girlie today, with my Dove deodarant!  Hahaha

Before he left, I made sure he had the necessary items he needed, you know, chapstick, sunscreen, toothbrush, deodrant, toothpaste, and a few more clothes.  He ate well for breakfast.  I have to say, I was very impressed by the LaQuinta's breakfast.  LaQuinta in Ardmore....  you rock and so do your employees! 

Last night an employee called shortly after he arrived, just to check on him.  This morning, we washed some clothes and were waiting for them to finish so we could dry them.  However, when we got back to the laundry room, one sweet lady, Shawna, had already started the drying process for us.  I tried to give her money back, but she refused.  Everyone needs to say a prayer of blessing for Shawna and also, visit the LaQuinta in Ardmore just off of Exit 33!  They are awesome people! 

By the way, they had the best breakfast layout for a hotel that I have seen as far as continental breakfast goes.  Ken had bisquits and gravy, eggs, & bacon and juice.  I had a wonderful waffle. 

Kuddos to LaQuinta! 


As we were about to leave, a guy from the local newspaper showed up to get the story on Ken.  He was a really cool guy that has a bright future.  I am sorry but I failed to write down his name, so I will have to get that later to post.  However, this is his picture just before he started taking pictures of Ken. 






One of the hardest things for me to do is watch Ken walk away, knowing that I have a car that is perfectly capable of taking him where he needs to go.  I did meet him on the on ramp, because he left something back in the hotel room as he was leaving and I was doing a last minute check. 

Yes, I know, it makes me an enabler if I am being a "mother hen" when it comes to him doing what God has called him to do.  However, I have to say, I did stick around just long enough to see him start walking through the construction zone.  I wanted to drive him through it, but that would not have helped him touch others lives. 

While he was walking, a guy saw a semi-truck almost take him out in the construction area, so he offered to give him a ride.  I was on the phone with him, so I listened as he told him he could take him as far as Laredo.  Ken told him thank you but I really need to just be dropped at the end of the construction zone.  He told him our story and gave him a card.  Before Loui left, he and Ken prayed together.  How awesome to share a moment like that with a total stranger. 

Next, Ken ran into a news reporter waiting for him just down the road.  Dara Downs, Channel 12, from Ardmore, interviewed him and wished him well.  She said her interview would be on the 10 o'clock news and that she would send me a link for the blog.  God is spreading the message! 

I am home, taking care of business and Ken is walking...  He is hoping to make it to the Texas State line, best case scenario, he wants to make it to Gainsville tonight.  Tell everyone to watch for him on I-35.  Wave, stop and give him a word of encouragement or a bite to eat.  It's a long walk and it's hot out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment