It's Everywhere!

If you think human trafficking only happens in third world countries, you are wrong. Houston is one of the biggest hubs for getting women and children into the United States to be exploited.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day Four..

Ken left my cousin's house this morning to start his journey somewhere in Texas.  I think he said he was going to wear OU shirt all day.  He brought several with him, so I am sure it is going to be an interesting day.  He barely got on his walk, when he was stopped by another reporter!  We are getting the word out, which is his biggest goal.  Oh wait, his actual biggest goal is to raise funds for a plane ride home, because he doesn't want to spend the eight hours in a car after walking all that way....  hahaha!  I am thinking that God will have to provide that flight if that is what his intention is.  

I am not an OU fan (Kathy), but I will put the picture there anyway, since Ken is a huge OU fan and missed the second football game.  He says it was a sacrifice he was willing to make to get the word out about human trafficking. 


He says the knee is not swollen but it is very sore.  His phone holder broke yesterday and he is surprised he even has a phone that works.  It went flying out of his bag and hit the ground sliding.... however, to my relief, it does work. 

He was dropped off at mile marker 500 in Texas this morning by my cousin's, so he is heading through Gainsville right now. 

In this picture, I think that is Cracker Barrel.  Seems he is eating well on this trip.  Actually, I think his only good meals have been breakfast, so I am glad he got to eat there.  The lady with him is Delania Trigger, a reporter for the Gainesville Registar.  (If I spelled it wrong, not my fault) 

For those wondering, Ken is walking down I-35 south towards Denton right now.  He is not sure he will make it much further than that tonight because he is tired, sore and needing a short day to get some rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment