It's Everywhere!

If you think human trafficking only happens in third world countries, you are wrong. Houston is one of the biggest hubs for getting women and children into the United States to be exploited.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 7... It's not Heaven... I'm alive though.. (with pictures)

I slept in today.  I actually slept till almost eight today, I guess that is sleeping in.  I have to say, last night instead of watching some show that was entertaining, I got caught up in a show on CNBC or some channel like that.  It was a congressional hearing about Craigslist and Human Trafficking.  I was so floored to hear that the lady, a representative of Craigslist said that Craigslist was not willing to stop the adult part of Craigslist in Canada because she wanted them to make that decision.  I'm sorry lady, but if it's wrong to have that site up because it encourages more human trafficking, then it should be stopped.  Who cares about if Canada feels that it needs to be stopped or not. 

Okay, now onto my day.  I had a decent breakfast today and then I went out to meet up with Bob from the Corsicana Sun Newspaper.  He said that the story will run in the Sunday paper because they don't have a Saturday paper.  He was a great guy and we had a really good coversation. 

I took off walking from Corsicana a little later than I normally do, but that was okay, we got some more media coverage.  My mission is to get the word out.  Mission accomplished today.  I walked and walked and walked, thinking that I would soon find a bathroom.  I finally found one...  only to see that it was a closed down station.  Oh man...  seriously.... what's a guy to do...  find toilet paper on the side of the road and squat behind the tall grass?  Don't laugh, I found a roll of toilet paper, but the grass was just too short for me.  After several miles of hoping to find an open bathroom, I finally gave up and hitched a ride to the closest bathroom.  I am so glad that I didn't wait any longer....  it would have been an ugly mess. 

Seriously, I did make it to the bathroom without having an accident, so all was good.  While I was there at a Loves that was really busy, there were several people in the store.  I handed out a few cards and even had a couple of people say they saw me walking.  That is cool!  I took off walking after drinking some G2 gatorade and eating a banana. 

I walked a little while and then I saw a big white truck stop up ahead of me, then pull onto the off ramp.  Some guy got out of the truck and headed straight for me.  Since I am not wearing my glasses, I really couldn't tell what he looked like.  All I saw was a really tall guy walking straight for me.  My body guard was just sitting in the car...  watching.  So, I got ready...  I undid my backpack and braced myself for whatever this guy was going to do.  About twenty feet from me, he smiled and I was shocked to realize who it was.  It was Ray from The Steelhorse Disciples!  He was there to take me out for lunch!  It was so awesome to see a familiar face.  He and his wife, Wilma, were going to College Station to visit a relative and just happen to drive by at the right time. 

While Ray and I were walking towards his truck, two of Texas' finest pulled up and stopped us.  They wanted to know what we were doing and why there were two vehicles pulled over on the highway.  I gave them my information and they said they would make sure to let all the officers in the area know what was going on.  One even told me a good place to stay up the road.  Thank goodness because I thought I was going to be sleeping on the side of the road with all the trees and no towns. 

I made it to Buffalo, Texas and was so thankful that there was actually a town here.  I was beginning to think that all the Texas towns had disappeared. 

Huge thank you to Shelly & Mark Jordan for paying for the motel tonight!  I can not tell you how much I appreciate your love and encouragement.  All throughout my travels, I have had many people step up to help me and this has saved me from having to sleep in truck stops and such!  You guys are loved and I am praying great blessings over your lives. 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot....  I got to eat pizza again!  I am so happy, because that is a rare meal for me since Kathy doesn't eat pizza because it doesn't like her.  Seven days on the road, three nights with pizza!  Go God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment