It's Everywhere!

If you think human trafficking only happens in third world countries, you are wrong. Houston is one of the biggest hubs for getting women and children into the United States to be exploited.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A hard day .... but Jack got to eat my dip cone.

After the nice breakfast, where I got to eat Texas, (check out my last blog), I took off for another day of my leisurely stroll on the highway.  As I walked, I couldn't help but notice all the poor discarded, mistreated items.  I had to take this little guy with me to give him a proper burial.  He just looked so sad. 

Side Note:  After having some opposition on Tuesday... which consisted of a car with at least two men in it, pulling up in front of me and one of them jumping out and yelling, "Stop what you are doing or we will kill you," I had a constant companion to keep his eye out on me.  I did not allow Kathy to post this, because Jack wanted to remain undetected for a while.  He was great at checking cars that were pulled over, cars that were on fire, cars that seemed a little suspicous and motorcycles in the Harley shops. 

Is this big enough?
Jack encouraged me the entire time I was walking. When I would get tired and ready to give up, he was quick to find a local Dairy Queen and get me a dip cone that he ate for me.  It was awesome knowing that he was enjoying the sweet treat.  I could almost taste it....  NOT. 

Seriously, Jack was great!  He encouraged me and was quick to stop everything he was doing to make sure I was well protected.  He is now home, after spending two days with me.  Kathy was able to take his place, so he could take care of his business. 

I know we are both grateful to him for all he has done.  We love you! 

Kathy showed up about lunch time and we had Sonic.  I can not believe how much I ate, but I guess I am burning way more calories than I normally do.  I ended up eating a double cheeseburger and tots.  It tasted so good.  Kathy took over the watch and we sent Jack on his way.  However, he did give Kathy all his pointers so she would be able to protect me just as well as he did.  What he doesn't know is that Kathy would probably take on anyone one handed if she thought they were trying to hurt me.  She gets fierce, I've seen that in her. 

I did have a guy pick me up and take me a few miles ahead, which was great, because I was ready to sit on the side of the road.  He and I prayed together then I went on my way.  I apologize, but I do not remember his name.  You know who you are... thanks! 

My day ended earlier than I wanted because my knee was just not cooperating with me.  I guess today was the day it wanted to act up on me.  I do have a HUGE shout out to make to the WOW ladies from Oakcrest Church of Christ who paid for my room tonight.  I love you ladies!  Wish I had a picture to post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment