It's Everywhere!

If you think human trafficking only happens in third world countries, you are wrong. Houston is one of the biggest hubs for getting women and children into the United States to be exploited.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Day....... Walking, walking, and walking

From Ken as written by Kathy: 

Huge shout out to Trooper Meyers for stopping and checking on me, and for sending out a message to all other troopers that I would be on the road.... literally, on the road and to keep an eye out for me. 

I did have a companion walking with me for a short time.  Matt, my step son joined me for a while, but I think his bare feet caused him to not want to walk as much as he thought he could.  What's up with this "barefoot summer for Toms?"  I don't get it...  I've come up with an Indian name for him...  Walks With No Shoes.  Love you Matt!  Thanks for walking with me! 

Another shout out goes to my great friends that were kind enough to bring me some sunscreen after several hours of being out in the sun with none.  I think I will use it tomorrow...  Although, they caught me resting...  at Loves in Norman!  Thanks Daniel and Joel! 

I met several people along the way, was honked at by several people, have a really cool heart with my very own angel in it and ate dinner at KFC and had a great conversation with some people who gave me their number if I need a place to stay tomorrow night! 

Awesome day, yet a very long day.  I think I will start way earlier tomorrow.  Maybe then I will be able to walk more. 

I either have really dirty legs or I got a really great tan today!  I am looking forward to my shower so I can see which way it turns out.

From Kathy:  Ken is finding blisters on his feet already.  Guess I will need to get him a supply of bandaides to take with him the rest of the trip.  Good thing I have a huge supply on hand.  He wants to know if he should pop the blister or not.... gross... 

I just want to thank everyone for your continued support.  We do appreciate it greatly!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you are in the Dallas area if you need a place to rest let me know.

    ReplyDelete