It's Everywhere!

If you think human trafficking only happens in third world countries, you are wrong. Houston is one of the biggest hubs for getting women and children into the United States to be exploited.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Time is drawing near...

It just seems like yesterday that we were looking for where God wanted us to be.  We kept talking about going to Honduras for the summer, or maybe even going to the Philipines to work with missionaries over there.  We planned a trip to Haiti, then during our plans to go to Haiti, we were given a mssion.  This mission certainly wasn't what either of us expected, but it is where God wanted us. 

Ken and I have spent the last few years searching for places we wanted to go, but we didn't search for where God wanted us.  We would talk about what we could do and how we could do it, but we never seemed to include God in our plans.. of course, we said we were going as missionaries, but we never really sat down and asked God where He wanted us. 

Then, it hit us...  we both started praying about it.  We both started asking God to guide us to where He wanted us.  That is when it happened. God told both of us, on the same day, at the same time, that He wanted us to go to Lesotho, Africa.  We saw pictures of Lesotho and we heard a little about it on that day and it all looked really cool.  We still didn't realize God wanted us to go there.  We just thought we were supposed to help get a group over there to help with problems of human trafficking. 

Little did we know that God had other plans.  We made a committment after talking to board members of a group going there.  Before we left the meeting, God has put it upon our hearts that we were going to move there.  Since then, we have researched about Lesotho.  We have met people from there, we have become friends of people who are moving there and we have done all we can to make this a reality. 

Actually, we have not done all we can, because we have taken steps as God has led us.  Ken's dreams are so vivid that I wish I could jump in them with him to see all the plans God has laid out for us.  I have to admit, I am a little scared at times.  Who wouldn't be?  I get a little anxious to get over there, but then I get a little anxious to stay here too.  After all, I am leaving everything that is familiar to me, except Ken and my clothes. 

Ken leaves soon to go find us a place to live.  He will be gone for a few weeks, then when he comes home, we will work on our plan for the move.  We will settle everything here, and make sure all necessary things are in place for our move.  We will spend some time with friends and family, then we will say goodbye for now. 

I am excited.  I am scared.  I am afraid that I will let God down, but I know that if God is for us, then who could be against us?  I also know that if I never come back to Oklahoma, that is ok too.  I am content to say, I lived my life according to what God called me to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment